Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Funday.

I have big plans to blog every day. Before we start this relationship and you start getting over-excited the way people do at the beginning of relationships- you should know it's not going to be like this forever. When I talked before about people getting over excited at the beginning of relationships- I was really talking about myself. In about 2 weeks when my holiday break is over, sadly the posts won't be quite as frequent.

I know some of you think my biggest aspriration in life was to learn to paint my nails (and it was one of them)...  I do have other plans- they're just not as glamorous. (as of right now I'm pretending not all of my readers are personal friends of mine and family.. so be good friends and play along and pretend you did't know about dental school).


Yes, that's right readers... I want to be a dentist....



In my real life I spend almost all of my time studying for exams and the rest of the time waxing teeth in lab, and the little bit of time I have left sleeping. There are days when I don't have enough time to go to the bathroom more than 4 times so I'll drink less water while I'm studying. All of my dental school friends feel this same way- it's not even considered extreme. And it will all be worth it because someday I'll have a wonderful career and I'll be really happy and I'll be helping people and I'll own my own business and I'll be able to decorate my house however I want and go to eat at fancy restaurants.

I know what you're going to comment- if you could figure out how to comment- so i'll save us all the hassle. Dentists have the highest suicide rate of all professions. But when I have this blog to live for we don't really have much to worry about , do we?

So before we decide to go steady- I want you to know there will be weeks before the exam where I don't blog. But not because I don't love to blog, but because I'm not even showering or making it to the gym and I really don't want to repeat first year so I'm busy studying.

And for those of you who are going to stop reading now that you know I want to be a dentist- I understand. (but not really because you all already knew) You don't want to be lecured about flossing and you don't even like going to the dentist every 6 months for your cleaning. But I promiseeee I won't ever talk about dental school, unless I'm complaining.


So STAY. We can make this work.


And look at my cute apartment living room that I never sit in.




And look at this cute necklace that my sister gave me before school started.
Elephants are a symbol for good luck- and I needed that. And I still do- hence the blog name.

Dogeared has these cute 'make a wish reminder' necklaces with all sorts of darling charms.
So if you haven't gotten your sister a gift yet. You should. here.

HAPPY MONDAY!










3 comments:

  1. Please show us your favorite place to study, even if it's a carrel in the library. How do you organize your desk, things to that day, and what pictures or other item inspire you? Does music or silence work best? A scented candle? Bright light?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a connection between dentistry and elephants... just look at the size of their tusks! Do elephants experience toothaches or tusk aches? Are they lazy about preventative care? do they like to be lazy? do they mind if you call them lazy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like soft and very moist oatmeal cookies... as Cookie Monster said when very young (and before growing teeth)"the batter is better"

    ReplyDelete